Since the start of the COVID-19 outbreak, Smarta Water has taken a multitude of actions to manage, mitigate and monitor the evolving situation, and at this time the virus should have zero impact on the services we provide our customers and is not expected to disrupt BAU operations.
Smarta Water are here to support your organisations water retail requirements, associated services and interactions with water wholesalers.
As a result, our services, and business operations are designed to monitor, withstand and protect against a complete range of expected and unexpected events, subsequently allowing alleviation of risk to our customers for incidents such as this.
The following measures were implemented as part of our service offerings and business continuity strategy, and are therefore aligned to the required actions brought about in response to the ongoing outbreak:
- Increased sanitisation of offices including daily spot-checks and EOD wipe downs.
- Increased monitoring of staff sickness and hygiene levels.
- Staff access to Working from Home functions should localised travels be limited, or individual staff members feel unwell, allowing remote workers.
- Travel restrictions are in place, with non-critical in-person meetings with other parties being postponed until further notice, and the promotion of remote WebEx conference calls in place as an alternative where possible.
- Preparation of Disaster Recovery locations in the event of further restrictions.
- Employees with travel history outside of the United Kingdom in the last 14-days are required to Work from Home for a period of 14-days to monitor their health upon their return.
In view of the latest Government advice provided in the Prime Ministers national briefing on 16th March we have now implemented dispersed working, implementing our maximum remote working from home strategy which is supported by our underlying agile and secure cloud based technology. All telephone and electronic means of communications remain unaltered. As we have effectively closed our offices for the immediate future postal correspondence is suspended and we request any postal communications to be reverted to either direct phone contact or electronic media via e-mail or submitted via our website.
As this unprecedented international situation and the UK Governments advice continue to evolve, we will continue to update via our website any further changes in operational status.
On behalf of Smarta Water I’d first like to express our concerns and best wishes for the health and wellbeing of everyone in our industry, associated supply chains/partners, and our customer along with their family and loved ones during the current times of uncertainty.
Steve Black – Managing Director